Houzz Logo Print
scoopenator

What to do with the 'Dining' part of the LShape 'Lounge Dining' please

scoopenator
7 years ago
Hi All, I am keen to get your creative thoughts on what to do with the 'Dining' section without making it a space to eat. As you can see from the photos, I have an old cupboard and two chairs and for the life of me I cannot work out what to do. I had an interior decorator person come in to help but she was struggling to come up with an idea. She suggested I paint the cupboard and put two larger arm type chairs on either side of it, and bring them a little forward. I don't need another sitting room - there is only one of me in the house.

I have added some photos to give you an idea of how the lounge is arranged, plus I have attached photos of my family/kitchen area to get an idea of the house. The family area has been changed - you can see how it used to look in my previous posts. I thought I'd also add photos of how my lounge used to look, for interest sake. Any suggestions from you would be greatly appreciated.

As well as the 'dining' section, should I do something with the coffee table in lounge, do you think?

Thank you so much.

(I've had problems posting all the photos - I will post in another thread.)

Comments (7)