Houzz Logo Print
melissa_sinclair59

Help, our lounge/dining room is just not working.

Melissa Sinclair
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

This room has had me stumped since we moved in a year ago. The half double height & the placement of stairs, railings, that fireplace etc have had us wondering how to make it work since we moved in. We made quick decisions about the lounge, black chair and rug when we moved in and would like to keep them, although don't love them, but can't justify replacing them. We also like the dining table, but the chairs need to be recovered or replaced (a gumtree purchase that they wouldn't seperate from the table). Everything else is fair game, we have a lot in here that we loved at our old house, but has not worked in this one. Some of my ideas are a darker wall behind the tv? Possibly flowing through into the dining area? Floating shelves over the black chair (& replacing the bent old lamp for sure). Changing the giant fabric piece behind the table to something that works better? Or bringing its colours into the room. Incorporating the fireplace colours? We will never use it, but it is there and I can't imagine removing it, because it looks structural on the plans.

Comments (10)