Houzz Logo Print
doogie72

Garden designers - what services can they help me with?

doogie72
7 years ago

Hi All. I have a large (2/3 acre) garden which we moved into a couple of years ago and although I love gardening I'm starting to feel over whelmed by it. It does need a major over haul - and I'd like it to feel more "mine" if that makes sense.

I'm considering using the services of a professional garden designer but haven't a clue where to start or what they may offer. I think what I'd like Is someone to guide me with the design of the garden - but then leave me with the design to implement at my leisure over a few years probably.

I realise all the professional garden designers on here will obviously jump in and tell me how wonderful their services are - which is great and any input from them would be helpful. However I can't afford a full "beginning to end" kind of service - and realise a garden this size could easily eat up a huge amount of money (which I don't have) but I think I just need some help with an overall plan for the garden - then I can tackle smaller chunks of the garden as time and finances allow over a number of years.

Has anyone used a professional designer and can give me any guidance on what they can do to help and possible costs.

Attached are 2 views of the garden as it is now.

Our House · More Info

Comments (8)