Houzz Logo Print
pazza_italiana78

leather..here there everywhere..☺

pazza_italiana78
7 years ago
Is it going over the top, if your lounge suite, kitchen chairs and bar stools are all leather, but different colours? Suggestions please.

Comments (14)

• bigreader
    7 years ago
    Yes too much vote from me. I'd do something different with the dining chairs.
  • pazza_italiana78
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I've already ordered my leather lounge and wooden table with leather chairs.
    want a trendy sophisticated bar stool that will blend will ny brown caesarstone benchtop and white cupboardm Pendant lighting will be red.
  • pazza_italiana78
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    My floorboards as shown above. Couch is red leather
  • pazza_italiana78
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    stool I am considering, with white leather. I was leading towards the retro red, however might change.
  • bigreader
    7 years ago
    Like the table and def prefer the wooden stools with your look over the retro. Still too much leather for me but once you add texture with rugs cushions throws etc it will look softer.
  • pazza_italiana78
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated.
  • LesleyH
    7 years ago
    Yes adding texture is the way to go. Cushions, a throw and rug will make all the difference but no more leathet needed.
  • pazza_italiana78
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    thankx everyone. Just wanted opinions. I guess I'm safe with the leather couch kitchen table chairs and barstools. it's easier to clean too, and more tricky on fabric. Definitely adding throws and cushions with fabric to break it up.
  • PRO
    Katrina Okoronkwo
    7 years ago

I totally agree with the advice above. Just a tip with the accessories - you might be very tempted to get all black & white, or super graphic prints. But, because the brown caesarstone will need balance in the room I'd suggest bringing in neutral earthy greyish colours, a bit of navy, and even a bit of gold.

Unless you swap the brown benchtop for something crisp & white or black, or a single colour... then you will have a fantastic & strong themed 'retro look', and your red barstools will work.

Some nice accessories to break up the red & suit the benchtop could be these kinda colours:

• pazza_italiana78
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I love the gold cushion as per attached. However, I also have chrome ie. fridge will be stainless steel, rangehood will be stainless steel, glass coffee table with chrome legs. I don't know if those suggestions will work, considering they are nice. I'll attach my coffee table, and other cushions I have also spotted, which add more colour and not so much the neutral. I do want to add 2x zebra print cushions, to balance out the zebra rug.
  • pazza_italiana78
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I wish I could change the caesarstone benchtop, however brown was what I initially choose. I am thinking of a different barstool, if I had to keep my kitchen separate from my vibrant funky looking living area.(its open plan living.) Barstools as attached. That would probably suit more in the kitchen. I'm also thinking about this awesome wall clock.
  • pazza_italiana78
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I wish I could change the caesarstone benchtop, however brown was what I initially choose. I am thinking of a different barstool, if I had to keep my kitchen separate from my vibrant funky looking living area.(its open plan living.) Barstools as attached. That would probably suit more in the kitchen. I'm also thinking about this awesome wall clock.
  • pazza_italiana78
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I also have a different stool in mind which I think will suit my kitchen. I can still have my red pendant island bench lighting, as a feature. I've also had my heart set on the following wall clock, which will break up the Browns and whites.