Houzz Logo Print
ghouky

Feature cabinetry in kitchen. Opinions please!

Marcel
7 years ago

Hi there,

My wife and I are commencing a 2 townhouse build and we had the colour schedule appointment yesterday. I'm more design focused where as my wife is all numbers, hence I went to this appointment alone!

The kitchen is included in an open plan dining and living area which is quite large (about 11m long & 5.5m wide) with 2.7m high ceilings. We have an island bench which is about 2m long & 1m deep, and directly behind that sits the cabinetry which we thought we'd make a feature out of with a textured laminate.

These cabinets house the fridge and 2 wall ovens, with a couple of draws and a slide out vertical pantry (not overly large as we have a large Butlers pantry as well). The wall ovens are Miele and are stainless steel & black and the fridge will be stainless steel.

We have gone for a very natural matte oak floor, satin white cabinetry for everything else and Quantum Quartz Alpine White (same as Caesarstone Snow) for all the benchtops and bathrooms.

Looking at the colours all together, with the builders staff, we decided on Laminex Blackened Elm Riven.

I would really appreciate peoples opinion on whether they think this colour scheme works, or suggest alternatives. We were looking to create contrast without going too dark and heavy.

I am also seeking peoples thoughts on this as we will be selling the other townhouse with the same colour scheme so want to ensure it's not going to narrow our appeal.

Thanks in advance for your time :)

Comments (5)