Houzz Logo Print
zaffa

Kitchen laminex. Which one?

zaffa
7 years ago
Hi there, I'm hoping I may be able to get some opinions on the feature laminex for my new kitchen which will be two tone. As per the photo below, we are having white 2 pac oven towers, with 2 x 60 cm ovens side by side at bench level, and white 2 pac overheads. The darker colour will be the island bench and the back lower cabinets (also as per the photo). Benchtop on both will be a white version of Caesarstone, possibly Snow.

My two options are the wenge colour and a solid black. My floor is polished concrete will exposed aggregate. We were initially going to go for a natural oak but now that the floor has been complete the natural oak looks washed out next to the floor. We definitely need a darker colour to tie in with the darker aggregate.

I love the darkness and warmth of the wenge but has this type of look had its day? It's a beautiful textured laminex with lots of warm tones.

I also love the solid colour as the picture but worried about fingerprints and the fad-factor. Also not as warm as the wenge.

What do you think??

Comments (16)