Houzz Logo Print
madeinoz80

Advice on house design please.

Dan Jelinek
7 years ago

Hello,..

I just found this site a couple days ago and have been reading through many of the topics. Its really great to see how much help people are willing to give and share. If I could get some thoughts on my design, that would be much appreciated, thanks.

I have 2.5 acres in Port Lincoln, SA with sea views due east, so this is the direction the house would be facing, morning sun through the front windows. We are a family of four, two little ones. I would like to build the house with Hebel Powerblock walls both external and most internal if possible, really want to concentrate on quality insulation all round and double glazing etc. The block will be reliant on rainwater and no town sewerage link. Also thinking about just going off grid with the power as to bring it in I think will cost by the time it is trenched in etc.

Ive kept the dimension lines off to try and make it easier to see, and the furniture can be moved a bit but you can see what Im shooting for. Bedroom 4 would be a spare and bedroom 5 turned into a study/sewing etc room. Hope you can see the dimensions okay, all the walkways are 1.2 wide and will have skylights. Not totally sure on the split bathroom yet, but want a second separate toilet and trying to keep it all together.

Was thinking about 2.6m ceilings, maybe even lift out the ceiling in the main room and front deck altogether, really open the place up.

Thank you for any advice given, be brutal I want to do this right and once.

Regards

Dan.

Comments (6)