Houzz Logo Print
mrslisabarrios

New Home: Slate floor tiles throughout entire home??

Lisa Barrios
7 years ago

Hi All,

Really struggling here and in need of some advice. My husband and I hate carpet and are putting in 350sqm of tiles throughout our new home although we can't decide on a tile. The major thing is we love that natural stone look accompanied by white hamptons style finishes and a lot of timber, we have been set on one tile (slaty) for so long although have always been a bit concerned that the tile will be way too busy for all the bedrooms as well and something you would get sick of over time. So we found an alternative but I just don't completely know if it will suit our design and makes the house feel too cold and 'modern', the tiles are a R9 or 10 so pretty rough although are porcelain so don't need maintenance.

The two tiles are included in the photo top is ardesia black andbottom is slaty multicolour. There are many photos on Houzz of the slaty tile although not many if any of the other.

So essentially I would like some advice on whether this tile will be suitable for a house with a the style we are going for or will it take away from all of the other beautiful things in the house and create a sense of urgency rather than calm...

Comments (11)