Houzz Logo Print
sm35766

Black water spill in bathroom and rumpus

sm35766
7 years ago
Recently I had a black water spill (23 Feb) that sat on all floors for between 10 and 12 hours. Tiles in bathroom laid in 2007 and tiles in rumpus laid 1970s.
The content restorers came through twice to clean and remove carpet and inderlay in the rumpus (that covered the tiles). They used 3 industrials fans to dry out and steam cleaning. However, subsequently the building inspector noticed black water traces still evident at the back of vanity and along grate.

I have been washing bathroom floors, walls, grate and rumpus with Domestos combined with warm water every 3-5 days followed by steam cleaning of floors and the use of a de humidifier, but every 3-5 days the bad smell returns. And there is an unsightly briwn growth that continues to grow in the stainless grate.

I suspect that black water has seeped to bed through porous grout.

Questions: 1) What is causing bad smell to re-occur? 2) What is the best way to treat the problem? 3) What can I do to get rid of recurring brown growth in stainless steel grate area tge runs the length of shower recess? 4) What can be done about tiles and grout that have been discoloured?

In anticipation of receiving your advice, I thank you.
Regards
Sharon

Comments (4)