Houzz Logo Print
lomboshouse

Kitchen layout

lomboshouse
7 years ago

Dear Houzzers, I have been pondering over the layout of my new kitchen over the past week. I am a hopeless drawer and the online tools for floorplans (ikea) is not providing much help either.

We will have double ovens, a double sink (no drainer) on the island, and a wooden table at the end of the island, to take some length away from the island. The ceramic benchtop is CDK Beton, I am a bit tired of the standard white cabinets but haven't got a better idea. Thus far we have budgeted in white on the bottom and wood grain veneer on the top cabinetry.

The splashback is likely to be the smoky mirror and the flooring is rustic oak.

The kitchen is the hub for our family, the kids do their homework there and I suppose we all will utilise the window seats to read. Generally only one of us cooks and all small appliances will be in the pantry, including the coffee maker.

So here are my dilemmas:

-the island is 3200 long, I want to have a eat in kitchen table at the end not overhanging the walkway. Is the island of 2000 long enough having 1200 for the table? Much like the photo below.

-will I have enough bench space to work with along the wall? (wanting to get a 5 burner gas cooktop )

- looking for suggestions for the colour of the cabinetry.

- should I make the island bench wider? (not planning on chairs but stools which can be placed under the table)

Any suggestions are welcome!

Clareville Residence I · More Info

Comments (8)