Houzz Logo Print
terri_cartmer

Decorator advice wanted

terri_cartmer
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello all We are building a new home and the main bedroom will be the first room off the entry that will be on display (double doors that will mostly be open). I am looking for ideas to make this interesting. We will be using our current bed which has a bedhead of dark brown (almost black) leather but will be replacing the bedside tables and other bedroom furniture (tall boy etc). The carpet and walls (Taubmans "tombstone") are neutral and the hallway and other flooring is matt spotted gum. The window coverings will be shutters in a suitable white colour to match skirting and architraves etc. The ensuite wall and floor are a white "travertine look" (with slight markings of grey). As the ensuite vanity will also be visible, we have selected a dark door finish to tie into the bedhead colour (Ravine "Cafe Oak") The bed will directly face the bedroom door. I am looking for ideas on the finish of the bedside tables/ tallboy etc (timber, white painted etc). I am also thinking using wallpaper for a feature wall behind the bed. Appreciate any advice or suggestions...and thanking you in advance.. :)

Comments (8)