Houzz Logo Print
meenoh

Should I use an interior designer?

Meeno Zen
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We have A$20,000 initial budget to renovate/decorate our newly purchased property. The house was built in 1992 and recently renovated by its previous owner.

While the interior is still in "mint" condition, I do not like its style at all. I have collected some inspirations on Houzz and would like to use an interior designer to design all the rooms.

Brahegatan 44 · More Info

I quite like the simplistic, minimalistic, Scandinavian design, partly because I adore the esthetics, also, did I mention my A$20,000 initial budget? I am not sure how much I have to spend on renovating this 143 m2 house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen / dining and 1 laundry.

I have two options at the moment.

• Get a designer to make detailed design / documentations and roll out the renovation in stages.
  • Get IKEA or Bunnings to "design" and install the kitchen first, since it is the most expensive part of home renovation. I will then figure out what to do with the rest of the house down the road.

My dilemma is exacerbated by me not being at all handy. I also need a lot of help with implementing the design.

I am currently thinking of using The Stylesmiths. What do you guys think I should approach this impossible mission?

Comments (4)