Houzz Logo Print
connie_francis

interior design ideas -its very long!!

Connie
10 years ago
hi. I am only at "plans in council" stage of our renovation, but trying to fine tune some design ideas, and define my style. I think I am a mix of traditional, steering towards French country/shabby chic. I am a huge fan of recycling/repurposing, so thought if I can narrow down some ideas, by the time we need to decorate, I may have been able to scounge up some salvaged treasure, and can also begin the task of repainting/slipcovering, etc.

I want to keep the white cupboards in the kitchen, and the wrought iron handles.
Our bench tops are a solid wood-red ironbark, which also stays.
The new room will have triple bi-fold doors, and a 2.4m x 1.8m double hung sash window, all with white trim.
The angled section of wall, will be clad in a sandstone rock, which will have our combustion heater in front of it.
I am thinking about white timber panelling, to chair rail height, with navy blue walls on top.. And also considering some red or orange accents
We have an antique dark (reddish brown) timber dining table, which will be coming into the new family room.
Also an old (art deco??) leadlight sideboard, which I would like to bring in - thinking about painting it-either black or white?
Also an old Balinese tv cupboard, which I want to repurpose into a home office cupboard -again -black, white or leave it like it is?
I will have to recover my sofas, and am also planning to make slipcovers for the dining chairs.
I love the look of toile, checks and ticking, so trying to work out if I can combine these, and how best to make it work. I see that the fashion now seems to be to mix it all up, so wondering about a mix of different pattern dining chairs, or have them all the same, and something else for the sofas?

Comments (5)