Houzz Logo Print
cantcount

Decorator Challenge - Style our shelves!

Charis Elizabeth
6 years ago

Hi. Up for a bit of fun??

Challenge Objective: Ex Display Shelf needs some life! But, here's the catch. I am not in a position to buy anything extra (except maybe the right basket). I would really like to use what we have.

Do you think you could come up with the best layout for these items? or what to display? We have tried many a formula but nothing seems to be that's it! That's the layout that works.

The main current colour palette for our house is grey and white, with black furniture with timber, and everything shown in the photos below you can use to style! Our house isn't one of clutter, and we don't have photos galore.... we are also not afraid of negative space. Something doesn't have to fill every shelf or space.

Here are the shelves:

(Oh wait, you spot that too short curtain? Sorry, I do know that's a big no-no, but it's like that way for functionality. It's velvet and collects dirt like you wouldn't believe, and my vacuum likes to chomp at it when it hits the ground.)

Here is a photo of your choices. Feel free to refer to objects it as "That thingymajig x 3, move that to level 2" in the comment section. However, I have labelled the photos A B C etc and objects are 1 - 5 etc from left to right if that helps to describe. I will update with photos of layouts you suggest in the comments!

Thanks for your help! We are really in a dilemma!!

A:

B:

C:

D: (the lights turn off in the plant, and can be removed. I originally had them in the bottle jar)

E:

F: (the pineapple, is actually lime green, not yellow)

Here is a photo of the shelves in its space (it looks so lonesome and bare). :(

Comments (3)