Houzz Logo Print
alirussell

Backyard design for new house

Ali
6 years ago
Hello Houzzers,

We are about to build our first house and currently we're trying to figure out a design for the backyard. Our flooring inside is a dark timber tile, sized 200mm x 1200mm. The pool fencing will be glass, which I have marked on one of the attached screen shots. I have also included a photo of the pool on the plan and the rest of our backyard space.

We would love to do a mix of some decking and concrete aggregate, but my concern is the potential clash with our floor tiles when you're looking through the sliding doors or out at the pool via the narrow windows in the living room.

Our driveway, path and front porch will be concrete aggregate so it would be nice to keep that consistency. Our kitchen has black cabinetry and white marble look countertops and splash back, so I'm weary of mixing warm/yellowish colours when it comes to limestone, aggregate, etc.

Ideally we do want the entire backyard paved/tiled/concreted with some decking incorporated somewhere. Not worried about having garden beds but a small area of artificial turf would be nice as we plan on getting dogs. Any plants will be put in separate planters and pots.

Any advice or ideas would be wonderful!

Comments (11)