Houzz Logo Print
milliebb

Extending design advice

milliebb
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi,

I am after some help on how to extend and add on a rumpus room and study on the the back of our house. I have spent countless hours trying to work it out but have not gotten any closer to a plan that works.

We have a large backyard and a nice outlook, which we don't see from inside our home currently. The problem is our bathroom is at the end of our hall which needs to be renovated asap and we are not quite ready to extend yet. I would just like a plan moving forward.

I have considered having a shower only bathroom but we have small children who regularly use a bath. We would like to keep the bath and shower separate and we would like to keep the toilet separate. I'm aware that if we were to extend down the hallway we need to sacrifice something. It's just trying to work out what is the best way to make use of the space.

We would consider going out the front of the bedrooms if we can get the layout to work.

In the plan above, ignore where it says tv unit in the laundry. It never got taken off when we renovated part of our home a few years ago.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

i have just updated to add the whole house plan. North is ^ from the plan.

Comments (20)