Houzz Logo Print
mike_free1

Ideas for my backyard entertainment area

Mike Free
6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have been saving for a while to complete our backyard project. Right now there is nothing but bare grass and two sheds. The grand alfresco tiled area ends at the eaves and I was thinking of decking to a pool and a pool-house to contain a pool table/bar/couch and maybe incorporate a kitchenette with fridge/sink etc.

I created a pre-vis video and photos (attached) for my idea but it doesn't show the poolhouse as that idea came later. I would like a dedicated BBQ kitchen which Bunnings have a Matador for a around $5K. I will need to find a decent Builder for the poolhouse too. Looking at a 6-7mx4m fibreglass rectangle pool with wall fountain feature. The pool fence would be glass panels but the design software didn't have that option so I put a pool fence.

Also there would be Modular Walls surrounding the area and need to think about shade across the pool. Although the pool-house may cast a shadow in the late afternoon. The sun travels from shed to pool-house (right to left when looking at pool from the main house) and sets behind the pool-house in the direction of the back corner.

Area to landscape is about 8m wide by 20m in length plus a side area of about 5m wide and 4m in length.

I have attached some ideas I found on Houzz of the pool-house I like.

Can you please offer any suggestions or links to similar ideas including an enclosed pool-house? I want to make sure I am using the space correctly before spending that much. Any other design ideas are welcome if you think I can make it better. Thanks!

Comments (2)