Houzz Logo Print
bkcalvert

Sliding door window treatment in kitchen

Belinda
6 years ago

I've almost completed renovating my kitchen and it's time to replace the old sage green vertical blind that has been there since Adam was a boy. :D It's a patio sliding door to the backyard which gets a fair bit of use. Not a huge amount of light comes through here so I don't think a block out fabric is needed. What are your thoughts on a panel blind here? I've never owned one. Do the panels take up much room when pushed open to one side? Would it mount in the window frame or above it? Most importantly what colour would you pick? I am also open to other window-covering suggestions. Are regular vertical blinds a bit old fashioned? I like the practicality of them I must admit.

For a bit of context. At the opposite end of the room (behind the camera point of view) is my open plan lounge/dining room, which has Double View roller blinds in white sheer and black block-out. My kitchen has black granite and white cabinets. Walls are Antique White. I'd say my style is Hamptons/Classic with a little touch of modern.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Comments (12)