Houzz Logo Print
lolawantstoski

Dilemma: Gray Tile Flooring and Piatra Gray Counter don't go together

lolawantstoski
6 years ago

I have a huge dilemma. I'm obsessed with Caesarstone Piatra Gray Countertop. I want a gray counter with subtle marbling/veining and the Piatra Gray seems to be the only one I can find that fits the bill. BUT it does not work with the floor tile I picked out - MS International Dimensions Graphite Porcelain tile - 12 x 24 inch. The reason is that the Piatra Gray really has a beige/brown tone to it, whereas most of the gray tiles I like do not. I'm looking at Caesarstone Raven now, but it just doesn't have the same wow factor - and, of course, now I'm having some second thoughts about the beige/brown tones in the Piatra Gray too - is that really what I want. Kitchen is white cabinets, gray counter, gray floor - the kitchen is a combo kitchen and family room so the kitchen floor will lead right into dark stain wood floors in the rest of the house, plus we're installing a dark stain wood side-entry door in the kitchen as well. I either need to pick a different floor tile color (haven't found one yet) that will go with the Piatra Gray but still be gray or change to a different gray countertop - Raven being the second choice. HELP! :)

Comment (1)