lisa3holdsworth

White paint help!!

lisa3holdsworth
September 11, 2017

Hi all, we are about to begin a full house Reno on a weatherboard house in the country. We will have Matt spotted gum floors and a lime washed Vic ash on feature ceilings. The walls will be battened mid way...a contempoary take on old farmhouse style. I'm wanting a neutral to warm white for all walls and ceiling with a lighter shade of same for arch's, windows and following through to the exterior. Looking at dulux White exchange half for walls, dulux white polar quarter to trims and exterior.. furnishings will be very neutral, greys, beiges, whites and creams. Has anyone used these colours together? Any advice would be welcomed!

RJP Design and Decor

Hi Lisa Have you looked at Dulux Natural White? How I describe it is its like a vanilla white with a balance of cream and white together. That colour is great against timber products and will work with your greys, beige, whites and creams.....

• lisa3holdsworth

Thanks rjp design and decor. It's def a colour I've considered, what other white would you suggest to go with it for some contrast?

Any current photos?

• lisa3holdsworth

Hi siriuskey, not much to look at, current house has a myriad of colours on all walls and new house Reno will be a complete redo including changing walls around....to give you a better idea, main living area will have wall to wall windows and is north facing (australia) so plenty of light. Bedrooms not too bad light wise.

• John Henson
    I'm a natural white fan as well, it will work perfectly with what you have described. Vivid white for the trims maybe. Do not over think it too much
    lisa3holdsworth thanked John Henson
  • lisa3holdsworth

Thanks john, you're very right, I am totally over thinking this and I think natural white, vivid white is a great mix...off to the paint shop tomorrow for some samples..

Hi Lisa, I'am a big fan of "White" no tint looks great and cheaper over a big area like yours, just adding a couple of photos, do you know the Orchard keepers in Victoria, lovely. keep it simple cheers

lisa3holdsworth thanked siriuskey
    RJP Design and Decor
    Sorry for my delayed response.... when I originally commented I didnt have the full Dulux whites range with me. I agree with Dulux Vivid White which some else suggested or another would be Dulux White Duck Quarter. It's a warm soft grey colour so maybe if looking for contrast then this on walls and Dulux Natural White on trims...
    lisa3holdsworth thanked RJP Design and Decor
  • lisa3holdsworth

Thankyou everyone for your comments, I've seen a gorgeous home designed by Alexander and Co that has everything we were thinking!! It appears that all paintwork is the one colour and looks gorgeous! Think the natural white would work well for us!

Love your inspo pic. I'm a huge Natural White fan. BUT if you have a look at the Doing Our Block blog you'll see a great example of Wattyl Chalk Dust used throughout the house. It looks beautiful. So good I'd considering switching paint alliances.
    lisa3holdsworth thanked bigreader
  • lisa3holdsworth

Thanks big reader, beautiful! ...thanks for confusing me!:)

Totally agree with all the same white, still think you could look at untinted white paint, lovely clean look cheers

lisa3holdsworth thanked siriuskey
  • Evee

Hi Lisa, after years of searching for a white colour that is not too blue, not too pink, not too yellow and not too green, I found one!! It's Dulux Snowy Mountains. Two years ago we have recently painted two units we built and recently our son's room got painted with that colour and I still love it! It's of course personal choice, but I'm so happy with that particular white.

lisa3holdsworth thanked Evee
    I've just noticed that Bunnings have blockout blinds matched to Dulux Natural White. Good reason to pick that colour and get matching blinds for a custom look at a diy price.
    lisa3holdsworth thanked bigreader
  • hagan_38
    We used Dulux Natural White for walls and Dulux Vivid White for trims. Really happy with the combination.
    lisa3holdsworth thanked hagan_38
  • zaffa
    As per the advice of a Dulux colour consultant, we used Snowy Mountains Quarter and love the result. A crisp white that's not too cold (blue/grey) and not too warm (yellow/cream). I think it's bite needs tonne chosen within the context of your space. We were going to go with Natural White which threw hues of pink in our space!!
    lisa3holdsworth thanked zaffa
    The Styling Edge

We always recommend Casper White by Dulux

lisa3holdsworth thanked The Styling Edge

Hi again Lisa, My go to white over the past 15 yrs or so (apart from "white" in our Federation House) has been Resort white it is a cool white, reflects green and was used for everything, no other shades used, great for your sunny rooms cheers