Houzz Logo Print
dickinsonfamily4

I need your HELP with Reno Floor Plan!

dickinsonfamily4
6 years ago

Hi All,

I feel the existing floor plan has wasted space (I lived with it after building 25 years ago and always thought it) and now it’s time to renovate and improve these areas!

The kitchen/family room I would like to focus onto the newer pool/entertainment area outside and incorporate the downstairs room with the rest of the house to create open plan living. I haven't considered the layout of the Butlers Pantry but would like to incorporate the sink and dishwasher somehow. Even the fridge if suitable.

I would like the master bedroom to be simplified and centered to the feature window to create a better design flow and look. I don't know where to place the toilet in the ensuite without changing the original layout which I would prefer not to do but would if I needed to.

I have drawn an example of my ideas to help explain myself a little better which you can see below.

I do have some concerns that access to the study, which we use regularly, will be compromised and the Kitchen/Butler’s Pantry will be in full view from the front door. I understand that the change in direction of the stairs will incur a large cost so if there’s any way to achieve the desired result without this changing my husband would be very happy!

I would love your feedback as this is not my field of expertise...I'm just a very patient person but 25 years is long enough to wait! Any suggestions or drawings would be greatly appreciated... many thanks!

EXISTING FLOOR PLAN

NEW FLOOR PLAN...my ideas

BEDROOM WINDOW & RUMPUS ROOM

Comments (20)