Houzz Logo Print
ethanwes

What is this kitchen nook called & what can I do with it?!

ethanwes
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi guys,

I've just moved into my new house & it's got this weird nook/display shelves in the kitchen & I have no idea what to do with it! I don't even know what to call them to look for ideas on the internet!

It's facing onto the lounge room, not the kitchen or dining, so it's impractical to put any glasses/dinnerwares up there & at 215mm height per shelf, they're awkwardly sized for most display ideas I've had! My first instinct was to put some sort of dangling plant up there, but given how many other plants I have in the house (& that this is the darkest corner of the kitchen/living/dining area, not helped by low shelf heights) I'm somewhat disinclined to do that... Also my devils ivy I have growing in a jar hardly fit in that tiny spot for height!!

Any renter-friendly ideas for how to style/make sense of it would be very much appreciated!!

To give some idea of the rest of my house style, here are a few pics of it right now...

not quite finished unpacking/decorating, but it's kinda Scandi style, lots of tones of grey, lots of texture, tan leather, light timber, pops of copper & brass, etc. Mostly very clean & new looking stuff with a few fun vintage styling items around...

Comments (45)