Houzz Logo Print
cubby_house

Please help- Roof and cladding colours

cubby_house
6 years ago

Dear Colour- Gurus,

we purchased our lovely home in the mountains 6 months ago knowing it needed a new metal roof and replacement of rotted cedar cladding. I am not great with colours so I have concentrated on the garden and put off the vast array of choices needed to improve the exterior. Unfortunately the time has come that I need to 'pull my finger out' and I wondered if anyone out there in the houzzsphere could generously offer me their design/ colour expertise. I believe I will need to recruit a colour consultant but I would love everyone's thoughts regarding Colorbond colours and cladding material options etc. The only thing I am firm on is that I want to 'embrace the brick' and don't want to render or paint the brickwork. I have also spoken to the roofer about getting rid of the front gable, thereby removing the front posts and downpipe. I have attached a really old sales photo because it probably shows the brick and window colours better than the one I took (tv antenna has gone and the garden is different but not much else has changed). Any ideas and thoughts would be so, so appreciated.

Comments (16)