Houzz Logo Print
jezza286

Security Doors - Crimsafe, Amplimesh, Invisiguard

Jeremy R
6 years ago
Hi all, looking to replace our existing security doors with something more secure. As the two main doors are open all summer to let some air in we want something that looks good but also serves its purpose. I've read a bit on Crimsafe, Amplimesh and Invisiguard from the suppliers, but not too much from actual users. Just wanted to see what the average cost would be for a double door and which brand is the best (or if they're all pretty much the same). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Comments (10)

• oklouise
    6 years ago

our custom sized retrofitted security doors averaged about $1000 each including installation to suit single hinged doors and about $500 included with a standard sized sliding glass door...ours were custom made by a local supplier to the same standard as the named brands..they're key locked and we're very happy with being able to leave the solid doors open overnight and when absent and they look so much better than any other security doors BUT for less obvious doors (laundry, internal door to garage etc) we've discovered an alternative very modest price door that we're also very happy with (bit fiddly to install but black or white Bastion for $169 from Bunnings)

• Gallifrey
    6 years ago

I don't think it possible for any of these to look good. Crimsafe mesh in my opinion ruins any view that you may have. We have chosen not to have any, and enjoy our views and breezes. In 30 years we have been broken into twice, and in bothcase a rock through the fixed glass, so the security screens were of no use.

• petapea
    6 years ago

I have Crimsafe on my front door, cost me about $1000 installed.

• Julie Herbert
    6 years ago
    Looks great petapea, so much safer to be able to open the door and feel that little bit protected , and as you have proven doesnt hide much at all, much better to be safe than sorry, I know security cameras identify who is at the door and its your choice to open but it doesn't stop anyone pushing you out of the way when you do open the door, at least with a security door you have an obstacle between you and them and ýou can leave the door open to catch cool breezes it's a win win.
  • LesleyH
    6 years ago
    Our crimsafe door looks very see through, I was not expecting it to look this way. Very pleased. We have a wide satin aluminium frame and just straight crimsafe for a contemporary look.
  • oklouise
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

having just spent the day with a crowd of children, grandchildren and dogs in and out i was reminded of the other great advantage of our security doors is that the netting can be pushed and scratched and leaned on without causing any damage (to the door or the child or pet) and are also heavy enough for the door closer to pull them shut quickly (quietly) and securely to exclude bugs without obstructing the breeze or obscuring the view...security from burglars was way down on the list after these other advantages

• me me
    6 years ago
    I just replaced an old security screen door with one of these. It lets so much more light into the house, and keeps out insects. I got the 3 points lock for the extra security. It looks really good from inside and out.
  • P M
    3 years ago

We got SP Screens to install SecureView 316 Security Screens throughout our house and they were excellent. Here is a page to help you work out how much security screens should cost: https://www.spscreens.com.au/blog/how-much-do-security-doors-cost/

• Kate
    11 months ago

Old post. Perhaps start your own with specific question