Houzz Logo Print
yazrav

Calling fresh eyes for our floor plan

Yaz Rav
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi All,

We're looking at doing a knockdown rebuild. We had a wish list that we could not find with any of the major builders:

- Vaulted Ceilings for the kitchen/family/dining to create a wow factor

- Guest Bedroom with ensuite

- 2 bedrooms

- An activity/living space for the kids to have as their own or to be used as a retreat by the Guest Suite

- Large Study (which can double up as Formal Living)

- A larger than usual garage with an area for a small workshop

So I've looked at lots of floor plans and knocked one up together, your fresh eyes would be invaluable!!

I'm fairly happy with the kitchen/living/dining. The ceiling in this area is not vaulted in the plan, but I'm not sure how to do that in homestyler. I think the bedrooms/bathroom setups are a bit awkward. I've tried to give generous showers to all the bathrooms. The family bathroom basically has 3 pocket doors, so one room is for the WC, another for the bath tub/shower and then a vanity can be used by both rooms. I am hoping this will allow better use of the bathroom, but maybe it is taking up too much space?

The bedrooms all have BIR's. I would of liked to have a WIR for the master, but I can't seem to fit it in! So if anyone has any ideas on this, that would be great!

Ideas on anything else within the floor plan would also be great!!! :) I've drawn it up on homestyler, with as realistic sized furniture as possible, but not necessarily the style I'm going for. The kitchen is quite immature, I am not patient enough to build up the cabinets! :). The link to that is here:

The width of our land is 17ms. So I've maxed out the width below in line with council rules etc to 15.8ms. The length of the house could extend 1 more meter to be within the easement, but the preference is to not lengthen it if possible.

An image is also below.

Comments (18)