Houzz Logo Print
1337yang__

Advice on house design

1337yang .
6 years ago

Hello!

We are in the process of knock down and rebuild. We have just received the amended preliminary design. Being first time in this process, we would love some feedback and feasibility of the design.

Our block is northeast facing, North is where the solar pergola is

We are planning to have 2.7m ceiling height throughout with a few bulk heads in the living area. I was considering 3m ceiling height versus some ceiling recess in the living area?

We are a young family of 3 with a 4th on the way. Would it be problematic in the future having the toilet in the 2nd bathroom?

In the main ensuite, we decided on one vanity over double initially. but looking at the long vanity on the design, it looks quite strange. and it looks weird having the space on the side of vanity. how can we make it better? would we better off having double vanity there?

My other concern is storage space in the laundry. I am hoping to have a broom closet there as well which will eat into the storage space. There was a linen cupboard in the hall way on the initial design. But I fell in love having a drop off area, so it was changed over. Is there anywhere else that can accomodate a linen cupboard?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Yang

Comments (29)