Houzz Logo Print
tracey_gibson63

‘Facelift’ Colour scheme for render

Tracey Gibson
6 years ago
Hello! What are people’s thought on the following;

Surfmist render colour, monument roof, dark oak garage door & merbau fence, light creamy aggregate driveway.

I have an old red brick house so definitely want to render it (have read all the reasons against) I love the contemporary look of contrasting light house and dark roof, however don’t want it to be too stark. I also worry a little about keeping a surfmist render clean, and the heat impact of such a dark roof (monument)

I don’t want ironbark (too blue) or woodland grey (too green) for roof, maybe basalt - but wonder if this will look too light in the full sun?

If I go for monument for the roof, should I choose a lighter grey for window trimmings?

Attached is a photo of my house just before I bought it, have already removed fence, brick paths (replaced with aggregate driveway and oversized aggregate pavers) started re- landscaping and replaced the garage door to dark oak (look - it’s steel) so those things can’t be undone but open to any other suggestions!

Would especially love to hear from people that used or considered the colours mentioned.

Attached a pic of inspiration also.

Comments (3)