Houzz Logo Print
tash2018

Anyone regret attaching table to kitchen island?

Tash P
6 years ago

Hi there, we are in the process of remodelling the kitchen in our new home.

Current floor plan below --

The demo work is already done and the island as well as peninsula and that awkward desk in family room are gone. We will also be replacing countertops, backsplash and refacing the cabinets.

Here's the look we are going for (timber lower cabinets and high gloss white upper cabinets with light countertops):

The new island will house our primary sink, dishwasher and drawers (and potentially a breakfast bar with stools.)

I can't decide however whether to have a 4 seater table attached to the island. It would extend to just past where the peninsula currently is. Part of my thinking is, there would be no view from this 4 seater table as the sliding glass doors onto the terrace end where the current island ends. It would be rather boring. Plus I could do a breakfast nook in the family room anyway. (Don't have a great use for the family room currently so ideas on that welcome too!)

Is the table-attached-to-island just a trend that will soon be dated? (this won't be our forever home) Anyone have and regret? Pros and cons welcome!

Thank you

Comments (6)