Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_49519981

Help! Decorating ideas needed for my new living room

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have downsized to a new home. I've brought furniture from my old (much grander) home. I would love to replace all the furniture, but can't afford to right now. The storage bench is definitely not working as a coffee table (although I will really hate to lose the storage). The sofa is charcoal gray--about the same color as the open plan kitchen cabinets. The wood furniture pieces (yes, I know I need to replace the handle on the tv ottoman) and sofa legs are cherry (lighter and more orangey than in the photo, I don't love it, but it's so huge, that I don't know how I would move it to paint it). The walls are light gray, the carpet is medium gray. There will be no curtains because my son has dust mite allergies. The floor will eventually be a lighter colored wood (when I can afford to do it), also because of my son's dust mite allergies. I do have two boys, so the coffee table needs to be sturdy and not too large. If it has room for some storage baskets, that would be ideal. There is so much brown furniture in this room, that I hesitate to go with more brown. There is so much gray in the carpet, walls, and sofa, I wasn't sure if gray was the right choice either. I need throw pillows and the walls are naked. Ideas?

Comments (11)