Houzz Logo Print
baroque18

Nursery Help - Antique Timber Amoire with white cot/dresser

baroque18
6 years ago

Hi All! Doing a classic style gender neutral nursery - older home built in 1920's...

Walls will be pale grey with white wainscoting, floor to ceiling. Have an off white color upholstered cot and dresser/change table and recently purchased an antique timber amoire with brass inlays.

Would this piece look too heavy with my soft walls and furniture....should I be repainting the amoire to match cot or is there a way I can blend the 2??

All ideas/advice welcome please:)

This look wainscoting but v pale grey wall and white moulding

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgstmp/dc20478f0aac9f43_tmp-8945/

Comments (15)

• Theresa B
    6 years ago
    I love it together- good luck
    baroque18 thanked Theresa B
  • me me
    6 years ago
    I think they will look good together
    baroque18 thanked me me
  • siriuskey
    6 years ago

Love them but I would rustic white the Armoire, it could look like a big monster to a little one as it is

• baroque18
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Was worried it would be too imposing so the lime wash idea would be great to soften it...thanks!

• juliahocking
    6 years ago

I feel that it would be pity to paint an antique

Would you consider etching a floral or geometric pattern on the mirror? That would add some white to the cupboard without spoiling something with its own character & patina of age It would be easier to replace the mirror than remove the paint at a later date

All the pieces you have chosen are lovely & should sit well together

Good luck with the birth of your baby

• siriuskey
    6 years ago

I could see a nursing arm chair covered in grey and white Ticking in your lovely room, exciting times, please post a photo when you have finished the room

• Sarah Sarah
    6 years ago

I agree....will be abit scarey fir ur little one being so dark. Limewash idea would be gorgeous!

good luck

• robandlyn
    6 years ago

Whatever your decision re colour... please make sure you secure the tall heavy unit to the wall securely with brackets - large pieces of furniture like this are a huge danger to little children - especially ones with a drawer in the bottom that can be pulled out and stood in.

All the best:)

• Sarah Sarah
    6 years ago

Yes definately need to secure dresser to wall.

• baroque18
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thanks for everyones help! Especially the advice re securing it to the wall....something I wouldnt have thought of! Will update with a pic once its all done:)
  • baroque18
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Update on the cupboard and room!

• oklouise
    5 years ago

what a lovely room so well done, congratulations

baroque18 thanked oklouise
  • JE C
    5 years ago

That looks exquisite - lovely.

baroque18 thanked JE C