Houzz Logo Print
pallavi_dhar

Console or no console ? Left or right ? Help please

Polly D
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello experts,

I am seeking some advice on how to decorate my rather narrow hallway. Attached are some pictures

of the space I have ( Pic 3 and 5 ) , the white shoe storage bench I ordered ( pic 4 ) , the narrow hallway table I am unable to find and some ideas I can use. ( pic 6 and 7 )

Ideally we should have the console on the opposite side of where the door opens, but in my case, the space is just a 95 * 35 cms depression/corner (where presently I have my peace lily.) I was thinking of keeping a small hall table there with a mirror above it and just have some wall art / frame on the opposite wall. I already ordered a storage bench for where my shoe rack is presently so I cannot add another bench. I d love to have a console table with drawers where I could quickly keep keys or post, but its very hard to find something for this space and not make it cluttered. If I have the table on the same side where the door opens, I just feel it would make the space seem more narrow and might hinder free movement.

1. Does this sound right ? Or would the small table on RHS look contrived ( already have a bench there ) ?

2. Or may be I can just ditch the console table and have floating display shelves on one side and a mirror and shelf on another ? As attached. ( Pic 7 )

3. Whats the best material and style for a console table ( if I were to go with one ) . Should I go for the regular wood or marble ? And should the hallway table always match the other tables in the house in terms of color or style or legs ? I did find a small marble table that fits one side but am not sure if I should repeat marble in the house too. ( Pic 1 marble )

4. I d love my entry to be inviting and lively with plants, a pendant, a rug, a mirror that increases light , may be an artwork / frame / blackboard of my favourite saying. I am not a big fan of adding a gallery wall of family pics right at the entrance. I have a living and a lounge where I could do that.

5. Does anyone know of any slim/creative console tables ( if I were to add one ) like the ones attached ? ( Pic 2 )

Appreciate all suggestions.

Thanks heaps.

Chelsea Loft: Creative Tables · More Info

Comments (9)