Houzz Logo Print
pallavi_dhar

Help me decorate my living room

Polly D
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Seeking some help and advice on how to go about decorating and designing the living room. A short brief :

Color :-

-------

Beige carpet, ivory walls and tiles and a steel/storm gray sofa that has a cool blue undertone. We got this 3*3 modular sofa only for how comfortable it is , esp for those games and movie nights. We could not find anything this comfortable in a beige/taupe color ( to match with walls etc ) . Also , the only other grey available was charcoal and I thought that might make the place look cold. The TV unit I managed to get is in acacia whitewash wood color.

Space layout :-

---------------------------

There is a lot of space next to the sofa for a side table ( and a floor lamp may be ) . There was limited space for the tv unit as we did not want to block the way from the entrance to the living. So I got a TV unit in 160 cms that sits 50 cm high.

Help needed with :-

-----------------------------

1) What wall decor I should get for both the walls above the sofa ? All paintings or a paintings and mirrors or something else ?

2) What color accents, cushions and accessories will go with this icy gray sofa ? Should I warm it up using gold and metallic or use turquoise/navy cushions and wall art ?

3) Does the TV unit color, style and size match well with the sofa or does the sofa look too overwhelming and giant ? Should I mount the tv on the wall ?

4) Should I introduce an area rug to pull everything together at the end ?

5) What should I get for the space next to the sofa ? A side table and a floor lamp ? Would a marble side table with metal legs and a white wooden floor lamp go well ? ( pic 2 )

6) Should I replace the blinds at the back with white/ivory ?

P.S -I cannot paint the wall.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot.

Comments (20)