Houzz Logo Print
georgia_panayiotou32

ZEGO vs Dincel building systems

Dovetail
6 years ago
Our architect has asked us to consider the Zego Building System. We have heard a fair bit about Dincel but not Zego, can anyone share what the benefits would be?

Comments (3)

• PRO
    JMR Building Contractors Pty Ltd
    5 years ago

This may help you.

http://www.architectureanddesign.com.au/features/product-in-focus/the-pros-and-cons-of-permanent-formwork-systems-fo

We have not used the Zego system so I’m not able to give you any advice on it however we have used Dincell. I totally agree with the comments in the article about the advertising benefits of Dincel aren’t what we experienced as well. Dincel is a fantastic product but it does require significantly more preparation and attention to detail than they advertise to achieve a good result.

Having said that, Dincel is a premium product that we will continue to use.

Be careful with your choice of external finishes. Make sure that are compatible with the expansion and contraction of the Dincel.

Zego may have an advantage here over dincel. Acrylic renders over polystyrene are time proven. Maybe I’m out of line, but I would be concerned about having a dark render colour on a sunny wall using Dincel.

• PRO
    Dovetail
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the article, it was a great read. We are going for a white coloured render so hopefully it’s a safe colour. Do you do any work in Maroubra?? I know it’s a bit further south from where you normally do work, also who would be best contact regarding our build?
  • PRO
    JMR Building Contractors Pty Ltd
    5 years ago

A light colour is your best option over dincel in my opinion. We use the complete Aztec insulated render system over dincel and had excellent results.

Aztec has developed a unique system especially designed for dincel. By using a heat reflecting paint and insulated render base, it minimises expansion and contraction of the PVC form thus minimising delamination issues.

Dincel has a preferred list of contractors you can reference to help find an installer. I’m sure Zego would do likewise.

Maroubra is a little to far for us i’m sorry. Your architect will likely have contacts regarding builders or you can search here on Houzz for local builders.

Goodluck with your build.