Houzz Logo Print
aaron_illsley

entrance/living & dining room dilemma

Aaron Illsley
5 years ago
Just after some advice on making my living and dining area a bit more seperate from the front door (as I haven’t got a foyer) as the front door is in a weird spot,there’s a large sliding patio door at the other end adjacent to the front door, the plug for the tv antenna is next to the patio door so locations to put the tv are limited, there’s a small open window looking into the kitchen on the right and there’s windows on the left.

As I’m out of town for the week I haven’t got any photos of it but I’ve had a go at making a floor plan but please note:
- the couches are black leather ( I couldn’t get them to change)
- the white bit at the bottom are tiles leading into the doorway on the right leading into a hallway and a left turn into the kitchen.
- the blue and black rectangle thing next to the tv is the dogs bed
- the two black rectangles straight in front of the front door are cube shelving units (both two across and 4 high)
- the black rectangle bottom right above the tiles is a buffet
- in the middle of the tiles is a floor runner

But another problem is I’ve got the mrs moving in soon so we need a dining table (sure it’s fine for me to eat on the couch when I live alone) but I don’t want her moving into a “bachelor pad” type area

I’ve attached 3 plans. One has it how I have everything now, the other has it with a dining table with everything moved and the other has the dining table with the addition of a new couch to try and separate the living area with the dining

Apologies for the long post but I can understand that pictures tell 1000 words and without them I’ve had to do it the hard way. Any help is appreciated and if new furniture is required let me know

Comments (4)