Houzz Logo Print
amls05

Help with Bathroom & Laundry Layout

amls 05
5 years ago

Seeking some layout advice on a bathroom / laundry reno. Its for the main bathroom in a 3 bed house – master has ensuite. I live by myself so not needing to do the typical ‘family’ bathroom. The bathroom is used by visitors occasionally and myself on most days. Current layout as per images; basically I have too much bathroom and not enough laundry. Not planning on selling anytime soon but I do want to keep the space somewhat usable for a future buyer.

Specific issues that I’m looking to resolve are (1) placement of the toilet – its in direct view from the lounge / kitchen when the doors are open, which is most of the time (2) laundry size is too small with negligible cupboard and bench space. I am open to combining the two rooms but not set on that idea. I don’t need to keep the bath as I have just renovated the ensuite and added one in there (the images don’t reflect this change). Not too fussed on shower size as only guests use that but does need to be enclosed. Thinking a single vanity.

Laundry wise would love to have space for both washer & dryer, a long cupboard for brooms / vacuum etc, a pull down or out ironing board and a reasonable bench space (current bench is about 800 X 600 and not enough). Extra shelves / drawers would be a bonus and a single laundry sink is fine. All cabinetry will be custom so no limitations on what can be done with that. My cats litter tray is in the laundry so I would also like to have some form of under bench space / void for that.

Am willing to consider changes in window placement / size; all external walls are double brick and the internal walls are single brick – the house is a 1926 Bungalow. Would love to hear any thoughts on a layout that might meet my needs as my brain has been stuck on this for a while!

Dimensions of the total area (bathroom & laundry) are 4080 X 2750, current room sizes are 2750 X 2350 (Bath) and 2750 X 1560 (laundry).

Thanks!

Comments (3)