Houzz Logo Print
bike_munting

Coffered ceiling help!

Bike Munting
5 years ago

Hello all! We are having a house built (Nebraska). In the model home - the open concept living area has a coffered ceiling that drops down 6" (ceiling height is 9ft) and looks like this:

Picture from the model home:

Our home only has the foundation in as of now and the home won't be done until later this summer. We were contacted last week to let us know that there had been a change in how they were building our floor-plan and that the coffered ceilings will now be 12" (versus the 6" we thought we were getting). We were able to check out a different home currently being built with the 12" coffered ceilings and my wife hates it! I'm 50/50 on it...but leaning towards a NO WAY myself. Here is what it looks like: (please ignore my drama queen daughter!)

Home currently under construction with the 12" coffered ceiling beams:

Any feedback or thoughts for us? Is dropping down 6" to make it 1ft just too much for a room with 9ft ceilings?

We will have a meeting with the builder in the next few weeks to go over our options...but it's not looking good on the 6" and I don't think they will care too much if we walk away from the deal/contract. Thank you all!

Comments (4)