Houzz Logo Print
emaillj

Advice on how to finish freestanding kitchen wall

Lee & Laura
5 years ago
Hello everyone!

Well we've been busy renovating as per our topic a few months back and having mostly a lot of fun, but I've got a problem in visualising the best way to finish off the partition wall for the kitchen.

It's a 90mm thick wall, which sits between the kitchen and hallway, and faces directly towards the front door. The left hand side of the photo up against the ballistrate also needs to be finished perhaps in the same manner. I've attached a floorplan with markings to help.

Originally I was going to just gyprock and paint it, but we've had suggestions this might make it look like an afterthought or obvious reno.

The two other suggestions I've had have been to run a piece of hardwood floor to ceiling and finish it with that, and match the stain/timber to the stairs. Or, run it from the floor each side to the height of the ballistrate, then gyprock above.

For reference, the kitchen will be built into the room (left) around the wall, and the benchtops will finish on a 45, allowing unobstructed access into the room. It will have a concrete look stone benchtops, with a mixture of white and a few grey cupboards. The floor will be wood look tiles, which are mid grey (I'll attach another photo).

We would really appreciate any ideas you may have, and please let me know if this doesn't make sense and I can provide more information. Thanks!!

Comments (2)