Houzz Logo Print
sunnycoast

Interior design for bathroom and powder room

sunnycoast
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi Houzzers,
My husband and I are building a holiday house on our 5 acres of bush on the Sunshine Coast. We've spent a lot of time on the design and layout of the house but I'm a bit unsure when it comes to the interior design, just hoping to run my ideas past those more knowledgeable than me!
Here's our bathroom and powder room floor plans. Both windows are obscured glass louvres. The shower wall is solid (don't want glass) and is about 1800 high. The shower is walk-in (no door).

Here's a photo I found on Houzz of a similar bathroom layout (except our will have a louvre window instead of skylight)

Primary Bathroom · More Info

We picked up some tiles really cheap a while ago, and i definitely want to use them for the floors in both rooms. They are a grey/white terrazzo look porcelain tile, lappato finish, rectified edge, 600 x 600.

Our style is simple/minimal/functional/clean/bright. I really like the idea of making the rooms in the house a 'blank slate' and bringing in colour/interest through plants, furnishings, art, towels, etc. The rest of the house will be all white walls, light/mid vinyl plank flooring.

The vanities we've chosen are the ADP 'Palm' wall-hung in the bathroom (1800 wide) and powder room (900 wide) https://www.adpaustralia.com.au/palm Not sure about vanity colour, the white sounds good since it's a 2-pac finish (and I love white!) but it also comes in a range of Laminex colours and we are featuring some 'Rural Oak' in our kitchen so that might also be an option. Not 100% sure it goes with my floor tiles though...?

For mirrors, I'd like to go with round for both rooms. For feature lighting in the bathroom, I was thinking of two exposed bulbs either side of the mirror. Not sure about the powder room...

Tapware will be Methven 'Waipori' collection: https://www.methven.com/au/collections/waipori/
Wall tiles... given our aesthetic (and I want to minimise grout lines), I'm leaning towards plain white 600 x 300 tiles for the walls (and white paint for un-tiled walls/areas). We do have 24 SQM of our floor tiles so another option I was thinking of was bringing the floor tiles up onto the back wall in the shower area (where the window is)...?

So that's where I'm up to! Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be most welcome... and well done for making it to the end of my rambling post... :-)

Comments (11)