Houzz Logo Print
seren_macleod

Kitchen and laundry renovation

Seren Macleod
5 years ago
I’d love some advice on what I’m planning to do with my kitchen and laundry renovations on my mid century home.

The current layout doesn’t work and is tiny, I’m looking to open up the space and make it more functional. To do this I’m proposing to steal back space in the laundry that has been borrowed by the bedroom next door for a wardrobe (badly constructed and needing its own renovation) to make the space into a combined laundry and butlers pantry.

In the kitchen I’m looking at knocking out two walls which separate the kitchen and living space to create a more open layout. As part of this I’d close off the hallway from the kitchen and steal this space for the wardrobe for the third bedroom to replace the one lost to the laundry/scullery.

In addition to these changes I’m looking at changing the openings to close up the current sliding doors and give that space back to the kitchen, and change the rear living room window to a slightly wider opening with stacking sliders.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for how I might make this area more functional?

Comments (11)