Houzz Logo Print
elissajhunter

Kitchen cabinetry advice please

Elissa Hunter
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We're currently planning to remodel our kitchen/family room and are looking at options for cabinetry. The new kitchen will measure 5m x 3.5m with a 1.5m wide walk in pantry and a central island. I'm looking for feedback on the quality and cost of IKEA kitchens in comparison to suppliers such as Kinsman (GoodGuys) and any issues to be aware of if going down this route. I have used the IKEA kitchen planner and have a strong idea of the layout I want (which as it happens was exactly what a local Kitchen supplier/designer came up with when he visited and gave a hugely inflated quote on) so I am confident in the layout and design aspects. We want a white shaker style cabinet and caesarstone type benchtop, which IKEA supply at a very reasonable cost in comparison to a 2-pac door from the cabinet maker (like, 1/3 the cost).

Happy to hear any and all opinions and advice from people who've used IKEA or Kinsman or Freedom etc (or another less expensive option than custom cabinetmakers) especially if you've had your kitchen for 5+ years and can say how it's holding up.

Cheers, Elissa

Comments (25)