Houzz Logo Print
musebaby

Advice/inspiration on layout - particularly around kitchen area

Amanda
5 years ago

Im looking to get advice/inspiration on my new home (already built - just moved in).

Particularly the kitchen. We need to renovate the kitchen so it will be gutted anyway.

I love getting ideas, thoughts from others to see if there is another angle I had not thought of yet.

Kitchen

• I would like better access from garage to kitchen (groceries and what not)
  • I would like to put skylights above the kitchen as natural light is terrible there
  • possibly thinking of removing wall pushing kitchen back into hallway behind kitchen
  • also remove wall between kitchen and rumpus

Study

• thinking of utilising this space for kitchen possibly butlers pantry and storage/mudroom etc
  • connection between kitchen/garage/mudroom pantry eg etc
  • would that be a mistake?

Rumpus

• This room has 3 doors off it! Has a large glass door leading outside which we use a lot (there is a pool just beyond the patio)
  • Would like to move a door so the space is more useable, but I dont want it completely open to the bedrooms and I dont want to see directly into the toilet and prefer not to loose the linen cupboard.

Bedroom 1 (Master)

• I want to move the bedroom door to into the hallway so I can assimilate the hallway space into bedroom 1. The hallway between bed 1 and garage is a terrible waste of space!
  • I would like to get rid of the WIR and create a more liner one I dont like L shape WIR
  • I would like to add a bath in the ensuite

Meals Family

• We are planning to do a large built-in 'wall' for the tv and also fish tank. Its a large tank 2.5m. It has to run along the wall in that room. The tank needs to be near an exterior wall as the connected sump tank needs to be outside. (I have thought of having the kitchen here, but the tank needs to go here.) I dont want the tank in the rumpus.
  • I want to keep the living room as it is - I like it as a seperate space
  • Some ideas on how it would it could look below;

built in tv with paneling - it would be nice to continue same/similar cabinetry of tv/fish tank on same wall in kitchen

Bronte House · More Info

thanks!

Comments (23)