elizabethbradshaw2011

Overhead Rain shower placement

Elizabeth Bradshaw
June 18, 2018

Our builder says that 2500mm is too high to fix our large shower rose.

My husband is one hundred and seventy seven cm.

Personally i dont think so but would appreciate advice.

ask the builder if there's any legal, technical or safety reason for his refusal, offer to pay for the extra few cms of pipe and then have the shower installed to suit your man...i'm surrounded by giant family members and had no difficulty having the showers roses installed well over 2500 which i'm told is so much better when my tall ones want to raise their arms when washing and the extra height make no problem for shorter people and children as long as the taps are installed at suitable height for everyone

• Elizabeth Bradshaw
    good answer, thank you for that. especially thinking of 6ft 4in son in law using this shower when he visits.
  • Elizabeth Bradshaw
    and by the way Louise, did you find it too far for "normal" height persons?

too far for what?? if it needed any adjusting i'd grab a step ladder just like when changing a light bulb or adjusting a ceiling fan or curtain track or overhead storage cabinets but luckily when surrounded by big people you can usually find someone to do the tall jobs for you and i'm 5'4" (normal?) and the shower works fine for me...i hope you ask the builder and share what the problem is for him...

• Elizabeth Bradshaw
    i think they might be trying to bully me again because it's a little harder for them!
  • Elizabeth Bradshaw
    and Louise, you're the same height as me so your answer is very reassuring.

only hard if they've already installed it in the wrong spot but my builder dad told me that "if it was legal and safe i could have whatever i was prepared to pay for" so ask again

• Elizabeth Bradshaw
    i wonder if there will need to be a bit more reinforcement for the ceiling where shower rose is installed? do you know if you had to reinforce ceiling Louise?

we chose to have ours through the wall due to other issues and added an extra long arm so that the falling water was more centralised in the shower space but plumber should be the expert to ask about the specifics