Houzz Logo Print
alexandchristie

Fireplace & Brick Wall in Lounge - What would you do?

Christie
5 years ago

My husband and I are moving into our new house soon, and looking for design ideas on what to do with this wall/fireplace in our new lounge/dining room.... This is quite a large space about 7m x 5m which will fit both our dining table and a lounge area with couches in front of the fire.......

We are planning to lay timber floorboards throughout the house and would like to keep the stained glass windows, but feel the brick wall and current fireplace is a bit dated and not quite our style.... We'll also be changing the colour scheme of the house from browns/reds to more grey/whites. Looking for ideas on what we could do to make it more modern (but not too much so as it's still an old house overall with lots of original features in the front half)

The house was built in 1924 and this is part of an extension that was added in the 1980's.

My husband isn't keen on a wood fire, so I was thinking of maybe putting an electric/gas one in the current cavity, undecided about the brick though.... What would you do Houzz-ers??

Comments (10)