bowser07

Terrazzo floor and ensuite to 2nd floor

bowser07
June 25, 2018

2 questions:

Removing terrazzo....will we be able to do it or will we have to tile over the top?

Also we are thinking about adding an ensuite to our bedroom. Available space is 1.4x2.7m is that doable (shower, toilet and basin) space wise and plumbing wise. It would be located on the front of the house so assume the flooring would have to be ripped up to lay pipes out to side or back of house?

Cheers!

we need a floor plan showing existing plumbing to suggest ensuite layout as depends on position of doors and fixtures and suggest you ask a tiler to check the terazzo but laying tiles over the top will raise the height of the floor and potentially create an annoying step at the entry

• bowser07
    Thanks oklouise, here is the current floor plan. Re: Tiling, yes I had realised if we have to go over the top we'll get the step up which is annoying but I could live with just exploring options. :)

my suggestions (subject to accurate dimensions) include the new ensuite with extra wide mirror doored wall cabinets) a dressing area in the hallways adding a biw to the small bedroom and updating the family bathroom would allow for more generous shower and vanity and a handbasin in the toilet (and the small rectangles in the dressing area represent chests of drawers)

bowser07 thanked oklouise
  • bowser07

Great suggestions thank you. :)