Houzz Logo Print
janetelizabeth_cronin

Is this bathroom layout the best? 300 by 360 cm room.

JE C
5 years ago

Hi,

I will upload a plan with dimensions separately from my phone, but in summary, I am looking to confirm a layout for a family bathroom in an existing room of my federation villa.

• The family bathroom needs a bath (freestanding, maybe back to wall), shower, vanity, toilet.
  • The house will also have an ensuite and powder room.
  • The room is existing and has high ceilings and period features. Currently it's used as a study.
  • The dimension of 100.5 cm (see plan) includes the door frame ( the 79.6 cm does not)
  • All measurements ignore skirtings.

My thoughts were that the wall-mounted vanity and toilet should sit along the eastern side of the room with the toilet nearest to the window. The bath and shower would sit along the western side with the bath nearest the window, possibly with the bath diagnonally accross the south wetsren corner. Does anyone suggest any alternative layouts that I should consider? I don't really want to "steal" any space from adjacent rooms for the bathroom in this case, as the other rooms work well as they are.

Changing this room to a bathroom is part of a broader reno/extension, and whilst I know it is more expensive to retrofit an existing room as a bathroom, it may make sense in terms of the other objectives we are trying to achieve. ( I will post a full reno plan soon, still tinkering with what parts of it work/don't work). I also know that it may not seen as perfect to have a bathroom off the central hallway, but again, as part of a broader plan, we may be ok with that compromise.

Also, if anyone has a bathroom with these dimensions that they are happy to post a photo of, that would be great. Thanks for any comments in advance.

Comments (7)