Houzz Logo Print
webuser_920260050

Help please! Floorplan ideas needed for underneath the house...

bee sting
5 years ago

Hi!

We have just purchased a 1970s (orange) brick home in our ideal location. We have had to compromise on our wishlist to be able to secure the location however we are fortunate to have some funds remaining for renovations! The home is lovely as is but we would like to renovate underneath the house to make it more suitable for our family needs. It is not legal height but at 2100mm it will be more than enough for our purposes as we plan to stay a long while.

On the upper floor, we are adding an ensuite, some cupboards and internal stairs as per the picture. They will go down to the ground floor and this is where my design ideas run dry. With such a wide open space, I’m struggling to fix on a floorplan so I am reaching out for help...please!

We would like to keep and expand the bathroom and will also need a decent laundry (I’m not set on having to keep it where it is). We would like to have a study and spare bedroom downstairs also. A kitchenette would be nice but this could come later. We are happy to have the rest as open plan. We will be adding a built in double garage to the front with sliding door access to inside.

As per the pics, there are some support beams to consider but also open to alternatives to these (eg. overhead beams, walls, etc).

We would be very grateful for any ideas and suggested floor plans.

Thanks,

bee

Blank floorplan

Planned upstairs

Part layout downstairs

Photo of rumpus area

Towards garage side

Comments (14)