Houzz Logo Print
melissa_barnes255

Floor Plan advice

Dell123
5 years ago

Hi :)

I've been reading through some of the threads here and have seen the fantastic suggestions given so I'm hoping houzzers would be able to give me as well. I'm going to be building with GJ Gardner and want to modifying the Edgewater 242 plan. Fortunately they will fully customise their existing plans. I've had a go at doing a basic mock up at what I'm thinking. Basically changes are:

- reduced from 4 to 3 bedrooms

- remove activity room

- move laundry from behind kitchen to side of the house next to bathroom

- move powder room so in line with laundry & bathroom

- moving linen to ??

- Removed bath from main bathroom and put in a big shower.

I'm a single person who will be in my early 40's by the time the house is built. I like the master at the rear as if I decide to let out rooms or have visitors it's more private and quieter. I also want a little corridor into the master rather than a door that directly opens to the room. I also want an L-shaped living/kitchen/dining space (like I have on the plan) rather than one that is all in a line (I hope that makes sense!)

3 bedrooms is enough for me which is why i have reduced it from 4. There's also an alfresco where the sliding doors are at the corner of the living/dining space. I'm a bit worried about this blocking the northern sun?

This will be built on a standard rectangular block with sadly no views. North is at the rear of the block.

Things I'm not sure about:

- how to layout the pantry and have a section for linen (or linen elsewhere). I don't need a butler's pantry. Maybe linen with sliding doors along one wall and L-shaped pantry shelves?

- Another door at the bottom of the corridor near bed 3??

- I'd like to have a little built in closest near the front door for shoes, dog lead etc.

However all suggestions would be brilliant.

Room sizes on here are approximate from my best go at reading the edgewater house plans. I'm not too fussed at this stage on getting the bedrooms the exact size etc - I'll leave that to the experts, it's more about getting the flow and layout correct so when i'm talking to them I can show them what I am looking for.

Sorry the bottom of the plan doesn't exactly line up with above! I was using free software to make it up and couldn't print it so I had to screenshot it and then cut and paste.

Thanks so much

Comments (31)