Houzz Logo Print
webuser_39177052745

Where can I find this tile

Jora
5 years ago

Can anyone help me locate a tile similar to this without the hefty price tag?

Believe this is marble and brass, but as long as the look is similar I don't care about what it's made of.

Thank you in advance!

This is a 6 x 12

Sorry for the poor photo quality and all the shadows

Comments (31)

• Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Anyone?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

NO one. NO replica and NO place. The tile is "Stateroom" from Artistic tile. It is Thassos marble, the whitest and most expensive marble from earth. The inlaid dot is brass. Suck up, pay up ( 98.00 per sq foot equals TWO tiles) or adjust the look to something within your budget.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

Where is the original stone tile from?

• theodorad
    5 years ago
    https://www.artistictile.com/stateroom-thassos-sstateth612

This is the exact tile. $98/sq ft- good luck!
    Jora thanked theodorad
  • Nothing Left to Say
    5 years ago

Hmm, what about a plain field tile and some sort of pencil liner in a metallic color? Not the same at all, but it might get you the color combination at a more affordable price point.

Jora thanked Nothing Left to Say
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

There are gold insert liners in various sizes. Check Floor and Decor

Jora thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Everyone, sorry for the delay in getting back to you (been down for several days with a combo flu and migraine).

Thank you for all your help. I'm sorry I didn't communicate well...we have found this at a local store at $98.00/sq. ft., which equates to two of these, however since we need a lot of it was wondering if any of you wonderful people knew where I could find them, or something similar, art a more affordable price.

Thank you again, and sorry about my lack of proper communication.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 years ago

That's exactly my point way above. You won't find anything remotely close. A better effort would be spent adjusting either wish list or pocketbook:.

Embedding brass into Thassos marble is a costly production. Materials and labor. Big Sigh:) There are lots of wonderful tiles at 1/4 the price tag. Or have a great mirror made from the coveted object of desire and give up about 100 pizzas?

• PRO
    Elizabeth Minish Design
    5 years ago

What room is the tile going in? The reason I ask is I'm wondering if it needs to be tile or if could it be a different wall covering like wall paper? If it has to be tile, I'd agree with Jan Moyer and suggest falling in love with something else that you are going to wish to afford. Congratulate yourself on your exquisite taste and move on.

Jora thanked Elizabeth Minish Design
  • Nothing Left to Say
    5 years ago

Sorry about the migraine and illness and hope you are feeling better.

Yes, that’s why I was suggesting a plain tile with a metal accent like a liner to get a somewhat similar effect at a lower cost point.

Like this pencil liner

https://www.flooranddecor.com/porcelain-ceramic-decoratives/gold-decorative-liner-100472067.html#start=26

with something like this field tile

https://www.americantiledepot.com/products/3-x-6-thassos-white-marble-honed-subway-brick-field-tile?variant=1238437351

Or you could go with something like this

https://www.flooranddecor.com/porcelain-ceramic-decoratives/victorian-oro-polished-porcelain-mosaic-100466044.html#start=17

If you can’t afford that price point (not many people could!), I think you have to figure out what you like and how you can capture that with a different tile. Or go in a different direction.

Jora thanked Nothing Left to Say
  • Fori
    5 years ago

You could use a few pieces in a central area and fill in the rest with a simple Thassos.

But really, brass isn't inert and I wouldn't want it anywhere it might be subjected to wear--especially set into something white. It's probably lacquered but lacquer doesn't last forever...

Jora thanked Fori
  • tatts
    5 years ago

Sorry, but that is really tacky, IMHO.

When I see stuff like that or that brass-trimmed arabesque above, the first thought that comes to my mind is: "Lottery Winner".

• chispa
    5 years ago

Akdo tile also has several patterns with brass inserts. Never priced them, but probably not much cheaper than Artistic Tile.
    https://akdo.com/materials/mixed-media/

Jora thanked chispa
  • Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

@ crl - Thank you! As well thank you for all the great suggestions and recommendations.

@ fori - Likewise thank you for your suggestion. And yes, you are right as I thought about that myself

@ Tatts - Beauty of life is that we are all different. Hubby and I love it, and we have never won the lottery!

@ Beth I was wondering when you'd show up and provide me with great suggestions and alternatives. Thank you!

@ Jan - Not sure I understand the snarky comment/s. As stated in my initial post, it doesn't have to be the same quality or material as long as it represents a similar look.

• chispa
    5 years ago

Philip Jeffries wallpaper with a similar look/pattern.

A Room With A View (Back Bay Penthouse) · More Info

Jora thanked chispa
  • Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

@ chispa - WOW, how did you ever find that? Thanks for being helpful! :)

• chispa
    5 years ago

Jora, I've been remodeling and decorating my house for 8 years! I also have access to a couple of large design centers here in Los Angeles and love looking at all the beautiful designs and materials.

Jora thanked chispa
  • Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Amazing eye! I bet you are an expert at decorating now. Love to see some of your pix if you ever feel like sharing. :)

Thank you again!

• PRO
    Niche Interiors
    5 years ago

So pretty, love it!

Jora thanked Niche Interiors
  • PRO
    Artistic Tile
    5 years ago

Hi Jora, So glad you like Stateroom! If you do decide to go with this product, you can find a store near you using our store locator: https://www.artistictile.com/stores/locator/finder Or, you can also order it online: https://www.artistictile.com/stateroom-thassos-sstateth612 Thanks again for your interest and great taste!

Jora thanked Artistic Tile
  • Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Artistic Tile - Thank you for the link. Not sure if you were able to see above, but we have found this tile at a local store, however having a difficult time swallowing the price tag! :)

Thank you again. I greatly appreciate all of your assistance.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 years ago

Jora ,

The comment wasn't snarky . It's fact that some "looks" can't be easily reproduced.

You have two posts going I believe. The other is about a hood and clearance. ?

Post a photo of that kitchen you're working on:)

Youl. Get more and better advice as it pertains to both posts

Jora thanked JAN MOYER
  • Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Jan - Don't get me wrong, I strongly appreciate your wisdom and talent. I think you are extremely knowledgable and provide solid advice and suggestions, I just think it's the delivery that comes out harsh. Many of us, who have clearly never done any of this, are already stressed and struggling with many things; choices, finances, etc., yet still have the desire to make some changes (within our means) to our home, and because we can't all afford KD's and other professionals we reach out to you very talented people, who are kind enough to give of their time voluntarily to help us muddle along. :) :)

Yes, you are correct! :). I do have a separate post about range hoods, and because of you, as well as many other kind people, reaching out with great advice, we have decided to do as you guys suggested.

I will def. try to remember to take a picture to post soon.

Thank you again! :) :)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 years ago

"Many of us, who have clearly never done any of this, are already stressed and struggling with many things; choices, finances, etc., yet still have the desire to make some changes (within our means) to our home, and because we can't all afford KD's and other professionals we reach out to you very talented people, who are kind enough to give of their time voluntarily to help us muddle along. :) :) "

Exactly. Left out is the fact that most of us realize ninety percent of the questions that show up here are just that situation. It is the SINGLE reason we harp on getting pro help, as it is also fact that mistakes are generally swallowed, but never fixed. The "I'm so disappointed" posts turn up on these pages in over and over again woe- is- me fashion. That is particularly true when a poster was worrying on the wrong thing, or tossing money at one thing, that would have been better directed elsewhere. Or even to simply wait and save more money.

So. This is just a guess on my part, and why I asked for the photo of the kitchen. The coveted tile on the post, or even the LOOK of that tile, may , ( emphasize may ) be totally inappropriate for a kitchen not getting a total overhaul.

Pros and non alike, in direct or indirect fashion , poke and prod for photos, ask "what's going on here?" Which translates to this:

Your two posts could have been one. Here's my kitchen ( photo) I'm getting this range. Here is my hood and the dimensions, will it fit ? This is the TILE I adore.....looking for something similar as I can't afford this one. .........and who even knows what great advice might have come your way? Or may STILL come your way. Photos........tell the story. They sometime get you answers you don't want to hear. That happens too. A lot. : )

• Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Jan, thanks for the note!

Here is a picture of the 'current' state of the kitchen. I have voided out the range as we don't have the new one in yet.

Things we haven't decided on yet::

1. Backsplash - The one we'd originally brought home as a sample - noted in the OP above - does not work now that the countertops are in...we are stumped with regards to what to pick as

far as style and color. Neither hubby or I are fans of subway!

1. Hood - We opted out of the under cabinet hood as we don't have enough clearance for the one we fell in love with. So, we have decided to go for a wall mount range hood, and are going to remove the cabinet located above where the range is. The cabinet is currently housing the vent that was in place for the above the range microwave that we removed.

A few other things that might help:

- Installing the Kohler Tournant in vibrant stainless

- Kohler pot filler also in vibrant stainless

- Kitchen island is rectangular and is painted Benjamin Moore in White Cloud

We have picked the wall mount hood, but not sure which color option we should go with. Below are the ones we are trying to choose from, so any and all advice, suggestions, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all the help!

• Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Help? Jan? Anyone? :)

• Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Also, VERY open to other suggestions/ideas for the hood!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

Jora,,re: the hood. personally I don't like any of the 3 you posted. the large rivets and the copper tone or the gray coloring just doesn't look right w/your kitchen

I would pick something cleaner looking, or do the trim piece on the bottom with similar wood that matches your cabinets.

Or, leave the cab in place and do something simple like this one

Are you leaving the countertop backsplash in place behind the stove?

Since you don't like subway, how about an elongated hex tile in more of the metallic color you like?

Encore Ceramics elongated hex in luster bronze (many other colors or glazes available)

this is a satin metal 2x6 tile, in a bronze/copper shade, laid in a stacked pattern.

A copper quartzite/slate tile would be similar

Fish Scale or scallop shape. these are Mercury Mosaics.

Lunada Bay 'watercolor' tiles. diff from the regular subway layout.

you could also look for a solid color glass that works w/your countertop. random bar linear mosaics. Again, one, solid color, not the mixed.

another non-subway option:

Walker Zanger 5th Avenue in this large hex 'Cocoon'

Jora thanked Beth H. :
  • chispa
    5 years ago

Jora,

What are your new counters?

Now that you are going with a wall mount hood, what are your plans for the backsplash behind the hood? Are you going to keep the stone backsplash or remove? What will happen above the hood? Or remove stone and get tile to cover all the backsplash?

I don't see that industrial-look hood going with your cabinets, but I don't know what else you have going on in the house.

Jora thanked chispa
  • Jora
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Beth & Chispa - Thank you for your suggestions Beth, and recommendations.

Beth, not sure why the pictures show the hoods to be gray...they are all stainless steel, with two of them having copper incorporated in them.

I really appreciate you incorporating the hood in our kitchen....one word after I saw it... PUKE...glad that I came to this site in lieu of waiting to install and then PUKE! :) :)

The backsplash behind the oven was JUST put in along with the countertops....Cristallo Quartzite. It is freaking me out that you both were asking if we are keeping it or getting rid of it...what's wrong with it? We originally were going to do tile backsplash all along the wall, but opted to do a backsplash in the same material as our countertop at the last minute for two reasons: Cleaning it will be easier and this was a VERY expensive stone and we didn't wanted to use it back there.