anya_tee

Spray paint vs hand painting for a bathroom cabinet; chalk paint??

Anya Tee
last year

I need to repaint a wooden under-the-sink cabinet in my bathroom. I am wondering whether it would be better to do it with spray paint or paint by hand? And whether chalk paint (which I would then oil) would be suitable for a bathroom, in a position where it is likely to get a bit of water spray every now and again? Advice appreciated

last year

can't advise about the best paint but suggest you take one of the doors or drawers to a specialist paint shop and ask them (not basic hardware store)...you won't need much paint so the best quality to suit the job will be a worthwhile investment...should be a simple easy job but would imagine that brush painting will be safer and less messy for the walls but you could spray doors and drawers outside for a different finish but the paint specialist should be able to give best advice and would love to see the finished job and learn what product you chose

Anya Tee thanked oklouise
  • Anya Tee
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks oklouise - good suggestion to take a door in! I'll do that this weekend and will keep you posted! :)