Houzz Logo Print
christina_mcintosh1197693

Home Extension Design - Help please :-)

Christina
5 years ago

Hi Houzzers

I'm planning an extension to my home for next year. I've been working with a designer for the initial concept and have been playing around with them myself. I'd love to get your input to see if there are some other ideas about how we could approach the extension.

I've attached the plans of the current house, plus the current concept plan. Some of the things that we are hoping to achieve:

• 4 Bedroom / 2 bathrooms
  • Open plan kitchen, dining and main living area
  • Minimise changes made to the existing house - partly because we know from experience what a can of worms making changes to an old house can be and partly because I like the integrity of not messing with the old features
  • Minimise the distance the house extends into the back yard - we want to preserve as much open space in the yard as possible.
  • A study/home work space close to the living area. Trying to avoid the kids having computers / laptops in bedrooms as much as possible.
  • Ideally fairly easy access to a toilet from outside (don't want 2 young kinds tramping dirt right through the house every time they need to go to the loo).

Any ideas most welcome :-)

Comments (19)